Wednesday, December 17, 2014

One Step Closer


In learning to improve as a communicator, I have not only learned a great deal about myself, but I have also come to appreciate some of the unique ways others communicate.  I have reflected upon several situations that I may have misinterpreted or handled more effectively with my new found knowledge.  I know that I have already become much more observant when communicating with others and have begun to implement some new professional strategies.

As we continue to move forward, I want to thank all of my colleagues for aiding me in this process and I hope that we can continue to grow together.  Most of us are nearing the completion of our current collegiate journey and I hope to keep in touch with many of my classmates and instructors.  It is with the utmost appreciation for our individuality that I encourage my classmates to stay strong and on task, so that we can celebrate our successes, together, down the road. 

It has been a pleasure…can’t wait for the next leg of the trip!

3 comments:

  1. Dana,
    When you said you have come to appreciate the ways other people communicate, I realized this has been a big part of my growth this quarter. Everyone is at different levels of communication and as a leader facilitating this can be difficult. I have learned so much about developing a team and I hope to stay in contact with my early childhood colleagues. My info is on this link. I hope to work with you again in the future. http://www.cincynature.org/teacherschoolprograms/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tisha,

      Thank you for sharing your information. I am quite interested in your school and look forward to working with you in the future as well. Enjoy a relaxing, memorable holiday season!

      ~Dana

      Delete
  2. Dana,

    I feel that you are so incredibly right when you said that you have come to appreciate the ways other people communicate. It is important to appreciate it because sometimes by learning from other people we are able to take something from their experiences and find a way to gain valuable insight from it. The information and experiences that you have shared during this class and many others that I have had with you have made me think and grow as an early childhood professional. Thank you and I hope that we will be able to stay in touch with one another. Good luck and Merry Christmas. Enjoy the break.

    ReplyDelete