Saturday, August 22, 2015

Time Well Spent

Image result for life's a journey and you hold the map

When I began my graduate journey, I was uncertain as to how I would best utilize the knowledge I would gain and how I could make these gains work for me.  Now, I realize that there is nothing standing in my way except me.  The coursework I have completed has opened doors, initiated conversations and relationships, brought new issues to life, and opened my eyes to the many facets of the field beyond care and educational environments.

I have learned to view issues from all sides and carefully consider the consequences of decisions.  I have learned that both my words and actions can speak volumes, and that the silence of others can be just as loud.  I have found the avenues down which I would like to travel, and those that are meant for others.  Most importantly; however, I have learned that we all need to take a look at the map sometimes even if we think we know where we are going, and that taking a detour might actually cause a destination to be reached sooner.

As I am happy to have accomplished yet another of my life goals, I know that this means that it is time to create a new list of goals.  Reflecting upon my past, working through my present, and envisioning my future is a valued side effect of learning.  At this juncture, I hope to effectively make a change to the programming and curriculum offered to our youngest learners so that they may find their journey through life an enjoyable one.  One where they are comfortable in their own skins, feel safe and secure enough to be themselves, and have the freedom to follow their dreams. 

We all have big dreams, and it has been my pleasure to work alongside others who share my passion for improvement.  I can only hope that there are many more like us out there to help us along after we complete our time here at Walden.  I know that some of the relationships that we have built will last, but others will fade as we head off down our paths. 

I will be forever thankful for the kindness and respect I was shown throughout my program and will remember many contributions as I continue on in the field.  The instructors here were incredibly supportive and constructively critical when duty called.  My fellow students have taught me so much in the classroom as well as through social media groups.  I hope to retain my connections as I move forward, knowing how beneficial these relationships can be for positive progression.


I leave you with a fond farewell.  Go out and live your dreams!  Stay focused.  Don’t be afraid.  You hard work will not go unnoticed!  

No comments:

Post a Comment